Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Garden

I have been wanting to plant a small garden for years, but I have never had a backyard to be able to do it.  Now that we do have a backyard I took the plunge!  It has been very profitable too.  I have squash, zucchini, green peppers, cucumber and tomatoes.

I have already harvested a lot of zucchini, squash and cucumber. Mmmm.  The green peppers are just beginning to bloom and the tomatoes are mostly green still.  I did have one tomato about ready to pick so I gave it one more day.  I went out to get the first red tomato and it was gone!  We have a lot of deer and rabbits around and I guess they were waiting for the perfect timing too!

Here are a few pictures as proof!








Its a pretty small garden, but is more than enough for us.  We have been able to give vegetables away too.

Couldn't wait to taste the first harvest!  (FYI - Zucchini tastes better cooked.)


No comments:

Post a Comment